Thursday, January 12, 2012

6 word memoir



Natalie 
english 1101





                   I'll Be
          I am
i was


This six word memoir can be implied in many different ways. It can be interpreted differently by each person. For instance, I was a stay at home mom; I am a student; I will be a graduate. Or, someone could look at it as, I was unknown; I am myself; I will be loved. Or, I was sad; I am depressed; I will be happy.  It can be interpreted positively or negatively. If I were to change one word it would be "will" to "won't".  For example I was sad; I am depressed; I won't be happy.  This would put a negative effect in this story. Now It would make this story the opposite of what I want to portray. Changing one word can make a huge difference.

I was; I am; I’ll be.  This story relates to me because I feel I am stepping up in life.  I feel I am bettering my life by going to school and getting a job in the field I would like to work in. By doing this I will be achieving my goals step by step. This is why I designed the words as steps.  I was on the bottom step with no job or schooling.  I am a student and my children are in school so I am taking the opportunity to return to school.  I’ll be a graduate standing on the top of my step ready to support my family and have a future. As I reflect on my life through this story, it definitely makes me look at the steps I have taken. I am happy where I am.  I am looking forward to climbing the staircase of my future as I am trying to better my life step by step.



1 comment:

  1. http://lymasean.tumblr.com/

    These were the only six words that I could think of that fit the guidelines that I could relate to in any way. While doing many home renovations on low budgets replacing a broken tool was not always an option so I learned to make due with what I had even if that meant gerry - rigging something. (side note; it is funny to me that it is ok use the word gerry without offending anyone but n-word rigging is not acceptable.)

    This memori is great! Very funny! Made me laugh. Just to let you know zip ties work well too. I like the photo!

    ReplyDelete