Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Making connections


Making connections
  In my opinion Alison Gophiks review is a review solely based on her opinion. The book “Along Together” is a opinion based book. There isn't much hard evidence backing “Along Together.” The only so called hard evidence was the surveys that Turkl took and that was only a small amount of people. And who knows how she worded the surveys. So I think this book as well as Alison‘s review are opinion based and not factual.  Alison implies that this book doesn't have hard evidence.  She does agree with Turkl about, “the tether selfs” term tho. Example of the meaning “tethered self,” if you go to a coffee shop people are not communicating to each other face to face but,  on there cell phone or computers. They are communicating with the virtual world. In Turkl book she also talked about cyborgs.  I see that we are all cyborgs now holding our i phone, always connected with the virtual world. I do talk to friends over Facebook more than if i were to call them.  I do spend a lot of time texting my friends. So I also agree on the “tether self” term because i do it my self! But for the overall reading it made me not want to read the book “Along Together.”

No comments:

Post a Comment