Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Virtual world is the death of empathy!


Virtual world is the death of empathy!

English 1101
Natalie
1-16-12



The one statement that stuck out of Andrew Lams essay that I would like to analysis is "troubling consequences of devoting so much attention to the virtual world is the death of empathy".  Even tho this is the quote for the example question, it honestly stuck out to me.  I don't believe that the reason people record horrific events such as "how the student filmed the collaspsing buildings from the earthquake in Sichuan, China", or, "how the prison guard recorded the death of Suddam Hussein", were because they devoted too much time to the virtual world.  I believe they do this to become famous or to get rich and profit from selling the video they recorded.  It is about money and making something of themselves.  In my opinion, it is society that encourages this behavior not excessive time in the virtual world.

No comments:

Post a Comment