Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Written vs Visual essay


Written vs Visual essay
english 1101
Natalie
  When you read a picture essay it is more open to your own interpretation. A written essay that is word for word is already someone else's view. When I read a visual essay I interpret my own meaning. Like on page 15 there is a picture of a house that has “Destroy this memory” written on it in spray paint. They gave some information about this photo. This photo was a picture of a house form the aftermath of Katrina in New Orleans. But after looking at this photo and knowing this information about it I still wonder what happened to the family.  I wonder if they were one of the families that fled to the roof to be saved.  I heard a great quote that relates to this subject “A world shown is a different world told.”

No comments:

Post a Comment