Monday, April 2, 2012

Spring Break movie review


Harry and the Henderson's
Natalie Beech
English 1101 


 The movie that I watched during spring break was the all time classic “Harry and the Henderson's.”  This movie was made in 1987. It is a comedy. It was directed and filmed by William Dear and produced by Stevin Spillburg. I have never see this movie before this viewing. I have to say it is hilarious! 
  Harry and the Henderson's is about a family that goes on vacation and accidentally finds Bigfoot by hitting him with their family car. They thought that they killed big foot with the car. So they decide to take him home to make some money off of him. They suddenly he wakes up and destroys the Henderson family household because he is scared of them as much as they are of him. But eventually he became part of the family. 
  I was at home watching the move with my family and their reactions were great! They laughed and at the end teared up a bit well, I did, they didn’t.  I would recommend the audience is family based. My 4 year old paid attention and enjoyed the move as much as I did.
  The point of the movie that I got is the fact how fear is the unknown. People are more fearful about things that they do not understand. This move was made during the perfect time. When people were really in belief that their are other existing animals that are unknown. Like Bigfoot and the Long neck monster, and aliens which lead to another movie E.T.  that Stevin Spillburg created. 
  All of the actors did a fantastic job. But the one actor named Kevin Hall who played big foot did an amazing job. He is seven feet 5 inches. His expressions and over all performance was fantastic.I would recommend everyone to watch this film.

No comments:

Post a Comment