Sunday, April 8, 2012

Story Telling Unit 5


Natalie Beech 
English 1101
Unit 5
Story telling
  I think I got something completely different than others in unit 5. I did enjoy the story telling and the different types of it. But I also enjoyed learning about images in photos and in ads. A story with a image is way more interesting that one with out. I fell like I can look at a picture now and create a story. Like in the photos of the naked woman with the mirror how she is looking into the mirror and it is now vain. Learning what each little detail in the photo meant was very interesting. And one of the Gucci ads how the man is kissing the woman and the men in the class had a completely different meaning for the ad than Kelly and I. I actually really enjoyed this unit. I like how we studied the Social Network review because I thought it was interesting on how he did his review.   And how he went in with the thought that it is was going to be bad because it is almost impossible to write a movie about someone who is writing a movie/ or a computer program in this case. In this unit I also really enjoyed looking at the ads and determining what kind of consumer they are going for. How the model is posed and what that means. 
  Story telling can be read through a image or just words. Giovanni’s writing it explains how in most stories their is a wolf that is the demon. And in Chabon’s writing it is more of a  first person story. I enjoyed the Chabon’s writing more because of the fact that  it was written in first person. I found it interesting the difference in the way these two stories were told. I learned that I am more interested in first person story rather than third person stories. 

No comments:

Post a Comment