Wednesday, March 14, 2012

The Gaze writing assignment


The Gaze 
Writing Assignment
Natalie Beech 
  The next ad is the Gucci Guilty ad. This ad I see a man holding a woman the way every woman would want to be held. The text says, “Gucci Guilty.” To me this is saying that she is guilty for wearing Gucci and is proud of it. Because she has ha sexy man who will not stay off of her. I like this ad. I can relate to it, it catches my eye and it makes sense. 
  Another picture I see I really don't like it. It is the Euphoria Calvin Klein ad. I think that this ad doesn't relate or describe any part of the product. She is very pretty but as a possible consumer I see this and it boars me. I don’t know what it is about and I don't have time to figure it out. I want an ad that gets my attention and explains the product short and sweet and relates to me. My life is to busy to google “Euphoria.”Just like in the Gaze essay it says you need to relate.
  Lastly the picture of the Reebok ad. In this picture there is a a photo of 1/2 a naked woman's body with shoes hiding her pelvic area. I think if she was to turn around instead of facing forward the ad would have made more sense. Because Shoes are for exercise and woman want to keep their butt in shape, I think that just by having her face a different way it would have made more sense. In this ad it says, “ Sexy starts with the sole” I think that this pic is sexy but so are a lot of other photos that are sexy that would have benefited this ad better. It doesn't make sense to me on this one. It seems like they had a lot of good ideas but just couldn't connect them all together in the same ad.
  It is actually fun critiquing ads. It is interesting how so many little things in the photo make different ideas about the ad. I think the best ad is {like I said in paragraph two}
are the ads that are short, relatable, and an eye catcher.

No comments:

Post a Comment