Monday, March 12, 2012

Ewen and Ewen responce


Jeff J. Beck
English 1101
3/5/2012
Ewen & Ewen: Exploratory Writing
Ewen & Ewen
            In this writing it is very hard for me to see what they are arguing about. Honestly it seems if they are trying to make points that advertisement is in one way good and the other bad.  It goes back and forth and is very difficult to follow.  I do like some of the examples the author uses, and how they are used, but it makes me wonder if there is more to it or just a little blurb.
            For instance it talks about how a woman is traveling on the train and is in so much pain, and then there is a sign for pain pills, then takes two.   This makes me think that they are trying to say that even though the ads may be bad, we still use what they are advertising.  Then you have the boy that watch’s a vitamin commercial, the guy jumps out and freaks the kid out.  This to me says that it has a negative effect making it a bad advertisement, even though it is good for you to take multivitamins.
            Honestly I have no idea on how to make into my own words that of the last segment.  This whole writing was just off, and didn’t seem to make much sense. When it asks me to argue about what the two are arguing about, it makes me want to argue the fact that this to me sucked!  I really would like to see more about this writing so that I could better understand it and find the argument, and then be able to actually write a good response
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

  I choose Jeff’s Ewen and Ewen essay because I do agree with him when he said, “it goes back and forth and is very difficult to follow.” It was hard to wright a response on this when there wasn't really a clear debate. I also agreed with him when he said, “the boy that watch’s a vitamin commercial, the guy jumps out and freaks the kid out.  This to me says that it has a negative effect making it a bad advertisement, even though it is good for you to take multivitamins. I think that this writing is about good and bad advertisements. And how to reach there consumers. 
  In Ewen and Ewen’s writing I think my favorite thing that they said was, “History of commercials that unties the seemingly random routines of daily life is one that embraces the rise on an industrial consumer society.” I think that the more relatable the commercial is to the consumer the more people it will reach. When you do a commercial you want the consumer to say oh I could use that. I think that what Jeff said about the clown being a bad commercial  is very true. My kids wouldn't want to eat something that came from a scary clown.

No comments:

Post a Comment