Monday, March 19, 2012

Unit 4


Unit 4 
Natalie Beech
English 1101
  In unit four they taught us about images and advertising. I think images are a huge importance to the advertising world. Images can sell there product with sex, using important people, humor and more. But, I think the big one is sex. It seems like every product has at least one sex ad for their campaign. Berger says the person who views the ad is mostly men. I think that this is true only for certain ads. Woman view woman's ads all the time. I think the person who views the ad perceives a different message. Just like in class how the guys saw a woman on an ad and said she looked seductive and kelly ad I said it looked like a woman looking at us. I think ads should be short  and to the point, a clear message, and relatable. In unit for they were talking about a little boy who was watching T.V. and a vitamin clown jumped out on the commercial and scared the boy. I my opinion that was not a good and successful ad. So many people are scared of clowns. That commercial is definitely not relatable to a large group of people. 
  In unit four I would have to say I agreed with Lambert’s writing more than Berger’s because in Berger’s essay it seems that he was sexiest. Lambert’s essay said that both woman and men view the same ads it is just how the viewer interoperates that ad. 
  All the interesting facts that we learned about the ads were very informative for instance, in Berger’s essay he explains how if the model is looking away rather then at the man the model is looking or imaging here true love (page 197). Also, that if there is a mirror in the ad or picture it than can be called “vain.”
  I didn't look at ads or painting like I do now after this unit. Before I just saw a painting/ ad and now when I look at  it I understand it a little more. It was very interesting and kept my attention. 

No comments:

Post a Comment