Thursday, March 8, 2012

reflective essay


Reflective Essay
Natalie Beech 
English 1101  
  I have learned a lot so far in English. I defiantly have realized that I am a very slow learner. I almost want to take a class after this semester on the correct punctuation and grammar. I know that I am  horrible at spelling, and I need to work on my grammar. Its funny, I am going to school but I am learning a lot from my child's 2nd grade class. He brings homework home and I am doing spelling with him and I suddenly remember that if an “E’” is at the end of the word it makes the vowel long in the middle of the word. I know that I have learned that along time ago but, I still forget. Being out of school for 10 years has defiantly effected my studding habits. I am glad I am only going part time right now just to help me get back in the groove of studding. I do know that a lot of my spelling is wrong so that is something in this essay when I looked for when I revised it. I mis spelt Creg’s list so I fixed that. 
  Another part of my essay that I had a hard time with is organization. I recently went and bought a book that will help me with that. I always forget to keep the past the past and the present the present. I my essay, I realized that I get thinking about things and put them down without organizing my thoughts first. I went to the writing lab and they showed me to use a spider graph to organize my thoughts. It has helped but I know I still have a long ways to go. 
  One thing in this class I really enjoy is how open we can be. I like that the fact we can say whats on our mind in our paper. It gives me more confidence when I am writing. I know that it is my opinion my thoughts and I cant be wrong on that. I just need to probably back it up with a little more evidence. 
  My writings are defiantly not the best but I am trying to learn again and remember how to study and be enthused about school. I do think that the writing lab will be helpful to me. I am excited to learn more and more. I need to work on my writting skills. And relearn the grammer rules. Especially organizing my thoughts like I said above. 
  So to conclude I have a lot of work to do in my writing but like I say practice makes perfect and the 500 words every week is defiantly making me practice. I will also go to the writing lab more. I will also review my writing more and more before I turn it in. I have a lot of work to do but I am excited to learn and grow from this experience because I know that this class will benefit me in my future.

No comments:

Post a Comment