Monday, March 5, 2012

Jordan's Exploratory


Natalie Beech
Jordan’s explortory
   In  June Jordan’s essay I didn’t understand why she incorporated her essay with Willie Jordan’s essay. Reading there names I wonder if they are related. Than after reading the story I think she used her connections to try to make Willies story famous a part of history. I have heard of police brutality on african American before. I am not a prejudices person. I don't see the reason of why they say brutality on black. Police are usually in the low income neighborhood. That can consist of whites, hispanic  black and such. I think that for the most part they are playing the racist card. I don't think an officer would shoot someone just because of there color. Like the rookie said most offers over react. But you have to look the the situation that the officer was in. Not to be rude but you hear a lot of the crime reports and they are involved with the black community. I don't know why but it is just the facts. I think June Jordan should have separated her essay with Willies because I was interested in the black english but when I started reading Willies essay I got upset because of the race card. I do think that at one time when blacks were fight for there rights to go to the same school as whites there was police brutality. Now I think there are a few people out there that are raciest. I looked up the statistic of hispanic and latinos  and African american police officers. there are 17.7% Hispanic and latinos and there was 11.4% African American law enforcement officers. Like I said there is defiantly racist people out there I know that for a fact living in Idaho. But at the same time there is more people that don't care what color you are they look at you as a person so people need to stop playing the racist card. 
  I like Junes information about the black english. At my work I was talking to someone after i read this essay and notices the language more. I honestly never noticed I guess i just don't realize this until now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment