Monday, March 5, 2012

Jordans response


Natalie Beech 
Jordan Response  
I choose Tyler essay on June Jordan because I agree with him on the fact that they don't make sense. I agree that they should have either left out or made 2 essays with Willies part. And I agree with the race card comment.  Most cops don't just shoot someone in less they fell threatened. I like how Tyler said, “ They said the cops murdered him and that he was completely innocent. Then towards the end of the essay they finally give the reason why the cops shot him.” It is like the game telephone if you ever played that. Telephone is when someone whispers something in your ear and you keep passing the word you thought the last person said  around until it reaches back to the original person who said the word 8 out of 10 times its the wrong word. That is how I fell about this story. We only heard one persons side who was involved. And as for the cop who was in the class someone could have told him to say that. So who know what really happened.  But I do think that people are overly sensitive to racial issues.  
Tyler Montgomery

Exploratory writing June Jordan

I don’t think that these stories made since together and I don’t think that the story would have made more since if they had left the whole Willie Jordan story out of this. I think that the learning the Black English story made since but I did not understand why they had to put the Willie Jordan story in it. I think that the Willie Jordan story was nothing short of pulling the race card. During the essay they keep calling it the murder of his little brother Reggie Jordan. They said the cops murdered him and that he was completely innocent. Then towards the end of the essay they finally give the reason why the cops shot him. When you attack a cop and take his gun you can bet your ass that you get several bullets put in you I believe that the cops had every right to do that and they would not just do that to a black  person they would do that to anyone no matter the color of their skin. The part of that essay that made the most since is when the cop was in the class and brought up the point of you have two options over react or under react, because if you under react you can end up dead. I think that the eight bullets that they put in him were justified it was over kill but I would want to make sure that he isn’t getting back up to kill me. So in the end I believe that they were just trying to justify the brother’s innocence by playing the race card when I believe the cops did not abuse their authority. I give all my respect for the men and woman who put their lives on the line to keep me safe and protect my freedom.

No comments:

Post a Comment