Monday, March 5, 2012

Hocschild exploratory


Natalie Beech 
 Hocschild
   Hocschild’s essay was pretty boring to me, sorry. The only thing that I really got out of it was the fact that she fells naming generations doesn't make sense. Everyone fits cretin things about each generation. It kind of reminds me about astrology. Everyone is labeled Picas or Sagittarius or whatever by the month they are born in. But, each month has different characteristics and it can relate to anyone. Thats just my opinion. I think that she is right when she says it depends on the historical events that have gone on during the time you lived. I agree with that. I think she babbled on about this subject. I had to make myself try to concentrate to read this essay. She did describe the generations which was informative to me.  Like the Great Depression, World War 2, Vietnam, and more. Style was another thing I got out of her essay. How she says older woman are trying to look younger in younger clothing. And how younger woman are trying to look older in older clothing. As a girl I think that is with any kind of generation the daughter looks up to her mother and try’s to be like her and now that I’m older my mom barrows clothing from me. The generation of young kids coming of age have the same attitude as i did when I was a child to be older. So they came up with the words “Tweens” which I went into a store strictly for “Tweens” and I if I had a girl I would never let my daughter wear clothes like that.  Its  has always been like that not just recently but even in my generation. Now they just came up with a socially acceptable word for kids to wear teenage clothing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment