Monday, March 5, 2012

millennial generation response


 Natalie Beech
  I chose tyler’s millennial generation essay because, I am glad he pointed out how the millennial generation came out and voted. I think this is so important because it is our future. I also like how Tyler said today people have forgotten about how it was in the depression and now Americans have a attitude of the got to have something even if they don’t need it this is a generation of spenders. I have to say honestly I am one of them. I know I don’t need it but sometimes I still buy it. Times are getting harder now more than ever with all the jobs being laid off. It is not close to the great depression but  times now make you ask yourself , “do I need that or want that?” I like how he states this information in his essay. I do disagree that we are cocky. Maybe some are, but I think we might portray as cocky just because we use the technology in front of us, but it is just our way of showing who we are. It is something new in our life to be able to film yourself and than watch it and share your stupid moves with the world. Its is fun to watch and very entertaining. 
Tyler Montgomery

Pew Research Center Millennials

I think that this does a decent job explain today’s generation. I don’t think that people are more confident though I would say they are cocky. This is because today people try to boast about themselves and they do the one up stories to prove who is better. I also believe that as a nation the millennial generation does vote more liberal, I don’t see it to much in Idaho but that is because it is a very conservative state. People these days are more open to change thus America did elect a black man president and gays are starting to get rights more rights. There would be one more thing that I would add to this pole and that is this is a generation of spenders. Today people have forgotten about how it was in the depression and now Americans have a attitude of the got to have something even if they don’t need it this is a generation of spenders.

No comments:

Post a Comment