Monday, March 19, 2012

unit 4 student responce


IMAGES IN UNIT FOUR

Jeff J. Beck
English 1101
3/17/2012
Unit Four Thesis
Unit Four
            There was a lot that we went over in unit four but I think that we learned a lot and me for one look at advertisements and images in a whole new way.  We talked about things from long ago and what art is, to who is hot, who is not, and how sex sells.  Most of the point in this was to get use looking at images in a different light and to make us more educated.
            When we focus on unit four we have to focus on what is not just in the picture but what it is telling us.  For instance before I read this unit I would look at a picture and just not really think about it.  I now look at an image and instead of just looking at it and doing what society does or thinks, I take a step back and actually look at it from a couple different points.  Not only where the images informative, but I can now look at writing as something much more than just letters in a computer, on a piece of paper, or in a text.
            This to me makes me even look at how something is written as more of an image, you talked to us about how writing is just simply writing but is an image in its self, and until now I kind of understood it but now I really get what you are saying. This unit was very eye opening and in many ways not just in imagery but also in ways of how we look at a person.  This section from unit four was not only a part about how we look at individuals, but it made me look at it as an image but something more.  This unit makes you understand images that appear in art, advertisement, pictures, and also in writing, if you actually paid attention to it all.

natalie Beech 
english 1101
  I choose Jeff’s because I think we had a lot of the same ideas. Unit 4 was how the spectator looked at the art and how we interpreted it. I completely agree with Jeff when he said, “before I read this unit I would look at a picture and just not really think about it.  I now look at an image and instead of just looking at it and doing what society does or thinks, I take a step back and actually look at it from a couple different points. I do that now and I don’t even mean to I see a pic of art and I also start examining it. 
  Another point that Jeff made that I agreed with was when he said, “This unit was very eye opening and in many ways not just in imagery but also in ways of how we look at a person.  This section from unit four was not only a part about how we look at individuals, but it made me look at it as an image but something more. 
  You can judge a person just buy looking and I think that is what Jeff is saying instead of getting to know the person, people just look and jude. Just like art. If you look at a art piece and have no knowledge of art you would maybe look at it completely different than someone with a art major. 

No comments:

Post a Comment