Tuesday, March 20, 2012

On the Edge


On the Edge
Natalie Beech
English 1101
  When I read Giovannis  “On the edge” writing I notice how she asked, “why the wolf in most stories is demonized?”
  I think that in most stories especially Disney ones there is a charter that is demonized. For instance,  the Little Mermaid  the Octopus and the eel were the charters that were demonized in that story. Another kind of charter that seems to be demonized a lot is Kings and Queens helpers. the wolf in Little Red Ridding Hood, or The Three Pigs, and even Pinochio. But why the wolf? I wonder if this is because of the legend of werewolf's. When you add struggle and fear to a story it gets me “On the Edge” of my comfort. 
  I enjoy mystery stories especially stories that are based off of a real events. It makes you think a lot. Most of the mystery stories have a demonized charter in them and I enjoy guessing who it is. My favorite book was a book based on a true event. The book was called “A Child Called It.” This book was about a child that was brutally abused by his mother, I think this book for me made me realize that not all kids have a wonderful home. I am a clown so when I do birthday parties or make a simple balloon animal for a child I try to make it the best time that they have ever had. Because I don’t know what their home life is like. All that I know is that if I can make them laugh and smile for a minute that I’m happy with that.  
  Happy stories are nice also, but I still seems like every happy story has a demonized charter. I think it just adds to the story. Starts out good, than goes bad, than someone saves the story. This story line is in super hero stories also. Almost every great movie that is written from a book almost aways has a demonized person or animal in it. In my opinion it gives you a sense of wonder and fear and it attracts readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment