Monday, March 12, 2012

Ewen and Ewen


Ewen and Ewen
Natalie Beech
English 1101
  In this writing I understand the point that they are saying, advertising is everywhere. It is true. When I watch cartoon network with my kids all of the commercials and advertisements are about new toys or kids movies. All the time my kids say, “oh I want that for Christmas.” So adverting works. Especially when they direct it to the correct crowd. Like in this writing the lady is on the train and read an ad about taking a pill for pain. A few hours later she is taking something for pain. Is that a subliminal message? The cigarette ads can’t be shown any more because they used beautiful woman to advertises and made it look sexy and cool. But in reality it is discounting and nasty! 
  In this writing they are saying that some advertising is good and some is bad. Like how the vitamin clown popped out and scared the little kid. Now that is a horrible advertisement just because the fact of how many people are scared of clowns. When you advertise you want to choose something that will relate to there product that people enjoy and are comfortable with. Ewen and Ewen essay says, “that the history that unites the seemingly random routines of daily life is one that embraces the rise of an industrial consumer society.” I took this quote as, when you advertise you use everyday situations to advertise for your product.There are  two commercial that I remember when I was a child I think that they should have played one at a later time than during the day.I remember being scared. I was raised in a very  calm nice family. I wasn't use to this kind of family communication In the first commercial I saw a husband yell and hit his wife because she made pizza for dinner. I honestly don't remember what the commercial was for but I remember it was too much for me a young child. I The other commercial I remember is a good one it was about an indian standing on the highway saying don't litter  save the land. It is funny the things I remember but I think that in the Ewen and Ewen essay they are saying it is good to advertise in some ways and in others it isn't. I think that if you aim your advertisement to the correct crowd at the right time of day you reach the product consumer better. I think that in this essay they also show the different situations and different products that they reach out too.  Like I said above the reached out to there consumers in this essay: the clown on kids T.V. ,The lady on the train, Gina who wears Jordach. You can tell that the advertisements were advertised in the correct place to attract that consumer besides the clown that was just a bad advertisement.

No comments:

Post a Comment