Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Reading the Gaze Responce


Reading the glaze

This essay is basically reinforcing boogers essay in ways, by comparing the viewed as being “owned”. He differs in that he is stating that the models looking at the “veiwer” are making a contact or “relationship” with the viewer and also making a demand. he then goes on to describe the different kinds of demands that can be made with different gestures.  The euphoria adds model is looking at the viewer I see her as an individual because she is making eye contact. It has been said that the eyes are the windows to the soul. I have to kind of agree with this statement. I think that eyes say a lot and to look some one directly in the eyes says a lot about a person….It says different things in different cultures, but it still says a lot. I think that the kind of “relationship” that the model is trying to establish is “you want to be like me….and smell like me, cause I’m desirable”.  The model in Gucci is similar except I think she is saying “you want to smell like me cause this boy toy can’t keep his hands off me”  The Reeboks add is very impersonal and is a type instead of an individual.  I say this because the “legs” are anonymous. The viewer is supposed to want the legs to be there legs and so they need these shoes to get before they can have them.  Im not sure what to say about the got milk. It’s just weird and kinda creepy.  The dude has a bandade on his face, and a pair of ladies stalkings on his head???  And some really large obnoxious jewelry and his chest is a billboard for milk. It’s just creepy.  I think they are aiming for the model to be an individual, but I’m just thinking he is creepy and not someone I want to look at or make eye contact with….because he is awkward and creepy.




Natalie Beech
Reading the Glaze Response
English 1101  
I choose Kelly’s because it was the first one done. I think it is interesting  how she says that they are trying to make the models individual, but Kelly thinks that they are creepy! That is funny. It is obvious that in the woman ads they tend to be more sexual. They usually have drop dead gorgeous woman in the ads just os you can say I want to look like her and smell like her. I think Kelly says that in her essay by saying, “The model in Gucci is similar except I think she is saying “you want to smell like me cause this boy toy can’t keep his hands off me.” 
  Another part of Kelly’s essay that I 100% agree with is how she says, “. It has been said that the eyes are the windows to the soul. I have to kind of agree with this statement. I think that eyes say a lot and to look some one directly in the eyes says a lot about a person….It says different things in different cultures, but it still says a lot.” The ads that catch the majorities of the buyers eye. You have to do an ad that is catchy but relatable.

No comments:

Post a Comment